Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: message to chance 1234 about your web site

  1. #1
    Inactive Member machead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2000
    Posts
    410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I justed checked out your web site good but download times are slow on pages that include images.No wonder as your .jpg have dimensions of 20inches by 12inches 180k(no-one has a moniter that big and also there were about 15 other images coming through on that page) making the file size 4 times bigger than neccessary.
    if you want people to look at your web site remember that if it doesn't load in under 30sec's most people piss off to another site.
    this was the image I analysed http://www.lookingglass.atfreeweb.com/images/Me.jpg


  2. #2
    Inactive Member Bradley Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2001
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That image fits on my screen just fine. Not everyone runs at super-low resolutions, ya know. smile (Download time over DSL was only a few seconds, too.)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    firstly thanks for checking out my site biggrin


    secondly i agree with youi there are slow done load times on bits of pieces etc etc, but deadlights is a film not a web site. if i wanted as great web site i would of spent my budghet and time doing that instead of making the film, but fair enough comment which is hence why on Mortus illumina my current production i have got a web site designer in smile

    i hope though that my production duarys (rebel without a tape etc) were of some entertainment and that my notes on production will at least help one person.


    thanks again for checking out the site and comments taken on board


    Chance




    ------------------
    5YLAC Films

    www.itkoa.co.uk

    http://www.lookingglass.atfreeweb.co...ghts/index.htm

    download the deadlights trailer at

    <http://www.lookingglass.atfreeweb.co...s/images/deadl
    ights_trailer1.rm>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member machead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2000
    Posts
    410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    o.k.
    you're on dsl ,I'm on a 56k'er
    some people are on a 28 k'er
    some people have a 15 inch moniter
    so what?
    Most people don't have their moniters callibrated!!!!!!!!
    the fact is the image is B&W appears on the site at 3inches sq. approx. but the file size is 180K.
    I took the trouble to analyse the file and noticed its dimensions which were superfluecly large.You could actualy get that file size down to about 20k and no-one would notice the difference.
    I have no idea of the speed of you're DSL but when creating a web site you have to consider the end user's equipment.
    I drive a VW Golf if you drove a Farrari don't complain to me if I could't keep up with you!
    If it works fine on your system cool.But why waste time when 2 seconds worth of Photoshop work could make a 400% difference for the better.


  5. #5
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    note, when the site is updated which is very soon all the images will be a lot smaller.

    while adding some bits and pieces ot it, ive realised ive uplaoded the actual files frm the scanner rather than the compressed jpgs.
    and the links are all over the place, also the sound effects are a little to big


    Chance



    ------------------
    5YLAC Films

    www.itkoa.co.uk

    http://www.lookingglass.atfreeweb.co...ghts/index.htm

    download the deadlights trailer at

    <http://www.lookingglass.atfreeweb.co...s/images/deadl
    ights_trailer1.rm>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member machead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2000
    Posts
    410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Glad to be of some help,

    made that mistake myself many times

    Lucky I'm running on a super-low resolutions slow modem system otherwise I'd never noticed

    Machead

  7. #7
    Ralph Snart
    Guest Ralph Snart's Avatar

    Post

    Chance:

    Although I havn't seen the subject in question If you put as much into it as you do your answers, I like it already.

    Thanks for the glass reminder, I was wondering about the kayro but couldn't remember.

    I am not familiar with the term you used for the hallway shot but have dug out my copy of the running man and will describe it. in detail smile

    Good idea that
    smile

    Bottom Icon 6 said: "What's that C#&!$^ Awful smell?"

    Bottom Icon 7 said: "Stop yelling at me my eyes are burning too!"

    Bottom icon 5 sighed and said: "That feels better."

    Thanks for the support by the way, sometimes I feel like the one on an island.

    Noticing we have a senses of humor that meld.
    I would like to find a way to bounce some dialog and situations off you.

    I normally do not think in terms of movie Ideas but this one came pre-packaged as a concept. I think it is completely origional and the dialog is situation driven to the MAX and I think a scream.

    To do it properly would require 1 set some lighting, but between six and ten actors that can really get into character. (out of my league recruitment wise)

    The center of the thing is one guy, or now that I think of it girl.

    It's based around a mood and situation I found myself in this morning and once I realised the humor of my own ignorance, couldn't stop laughing as this complete ass developed before my eyes, It was like I was along for the ride.

    I'll Email you if I can but am moving so mine will be spotty for the next week or so.

    I do not really have the contacts or resources to do it properly and would rather see it produced than produce or be in it.

    It is not a top priority but christ I think it's funny.

    I am not playing favorits but you would catch on to the concept instantly from what I have read or be able to tell if it is just one of those things that is only funny while it is in your head.

    It's one of those ideas that becomes a sort of mental toy.


    Ralph
    and thanks again for the Candy Glass.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    feel free to e-mail it to me


    Chance




    ------------------
    5YLAC Films

    www.itkoa.co.uk

    http://www.lookingglass.atfreeweb.co...ghts/index.htm

    download the deadlights trailer at

    <http://www.lookingglass.atfreeweb.co...s/images/deadl
    ights_trailer1.rm>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •